watch skillshare on roku

It was written by Rocco, and it's somewhat similar to Java. I'm gonna show you how to make one of the images using AH, software called gimp. Only this one. And I'm also gonna be opening up this folder if you remember this. Now there are basically two major parts to every channel. You'll notice down here these four tabs make sure that the console tab is selected and then click over here and choose Raku debug console. Well, in this video, we're gonna upload some images for our categories to our Web server, and I'll show you what we need to do to make your channel find these images. To start off with, we're gonna need to install the Java development kit at least number seven or higher. Open Channel Template in Eclipse: OK in this video, I'm just gonna be showing you how to open up our channel template so that we can get ready to customize it. We'll get the proper Web address for this video and put it into our XML file. It might take a second, and when it first starts up, it's gonna ask you where you would like to put the workspace and this is the default right here. So if we were to follow this link that is in our category feed file, we would see the same thing that we have right here. Okay? Might take a minute, and that's gonna have you restart a clip so we'll go ahead and restart it. It automatically does it. Intro: in this course, I'm gonna teach you step by step, how to make a channel at for the rope. The channel packages what will be making using a clips, and it's also part of the channel that gets uploaded to raku dot com and then downloaded Teoh Larocque, who player whenever anyone adds your channel to their raku. This will have the to feed XML files that we need to upload. So I've created a flow chart that I hope will help you somewhat understand the functionality of our channel. Right now, it's showing that the categories XML file is being hosted on a website at Rocco Channel maker dot com. OK, we'll give the clips a minute. New York, Now here. So we're gonna go ahead up here and save it, and then we're gonna go in and upload our categories X amount filed to our server and here I am connected to my server now and I'm here in my XML folder, which is in my workspace folder, and I'm going to drag this categories dot xml file over to my web server just like I did before. These are the Feed XML files, meaning they feed each category with media or videos and images. We just gave it Roku Channel. So for us. So click on that and click on Open. Now I've already created my two images for this video. All right, alright. Then down here, we're gonna select install on Raku Box and we'll choose the I P. Address of our raku. It's kind of like a photo shop, but it's a free software. * Download the app to watch hundreds of free classes. SkillShare is an online platform teaching course that is made by … If you look down here and expand this XML folder, you'll see that I've put several XML files in here already. However, The Great Courses Plus does offer apps for a multitude of devices: you can watch on Androids, iOS, Apple TV, Roku, and many more. Our Channel packages program to find the categories. So we'll go over to break script again, and then we'll do a right mouse click on our Channel folder and we'll choose Export. By the way the screen I'm using here is from a row coup version woman. All right. WhatToWatch is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. If you need help creating an image, you could refer back to the lecture on making images for your channel package. Yes, Paramount Plus is available on the biggest streaming platform. So then, once you've registered, you'll need to log into the developer site and on the developer home page, you'll see a link titled Manage My Channels. This tier of service is designed for organizations who … So I'm gonna open up the Cat Channel folder, and I'm gonna open up my work's base folder. Off course, it's the same as category two because that's the one we just copied. To find your XML file, you have to program it into its bright script. Then, once you've clicked that link, you'll be given two choices. And then we'll quick Yes, to overwrite the existing file, take a minute here and then what it just did Here, is it just, um, overrode the files that are on Roku with what we just made. And when we select our channel, we have the main overhang image at the top, which is also part of the channel package. There was a problem. So then, now we'll go back over here to the Raku development page. Um, once you've extracted it, it's pretty much installed. So the complete Web address to the folder carrying my images would be Roku Channel maker dot com. You'll want to write down your password because we're gonna be needing this later for this video. And you can see that now, these images have over written the package images that were in there. With thousands of available channels to choose from. XML FILE. I'll probably put in a folder called Eclipse so that I can find it. And in here is a channel I'm working on right here. XML file. And in the next videos, I'll show you how we can get our category images put in here along with the video images and videos The images for the are these air, the online channel images and again here you'll want to add ah, high definition picture and a standard definition picture and the HD image will need to be 290 by 218 pixels says right there and then the S D image will be 214 by 144 pixels. Using this course, you'll be able to make your own customized Roku video channel with Raku video streaming player broke, who has shipped over eight million devices so far, making it the equivalent of the third largest cable company. Now I'm going to show you how to export this channel template that we're working on over Ji Roku. Now there's a word limit here when you use this, and you can experiment with this as you use it, but if you use too many words, it will be cut off on the video description page. So if you need that, you can go back and look at it and then you'll need to choose a category. So we'll put in the wit of 360 hit enter, and then the height will automatically be put in to keep it in perspective. And if you need to, you can go back and view that video again. We'll see if that's been used yet. The only question is how. So there are actually four separate images that need to be made for this main channel image . You won't get all the on-demand content, but you'll still get live CBS. So we're just gonna click on Go back now. That would be cute Cat channel and we'll also give it a description. Install JavaSDK: okay. You'll want to make sure you remember where you put years. 9Now. But before we can put in a link to our images here, we obviously need to make our images and upload them to our server. On your terms. While you can watch live TV with an antenna or on cable/satellite, there is also plenty of live TV available on various Roku streaming channels. Remember, it's made of a few images and a bit of bright script. So, for instance, if we look at our categories dot xml file, we can see that the Feed XML file for our first category is this category dash one dot xml . Over 15 lectures and 1.5 hours of content! The world is changing at a fast pace, and offline Universities are no longer a good investment. All free-to-air on one app © And then you would go into your works based folder and then just copy one of these other XML files, so we'll copy the category two were just copy it. And if you remember, we downloaded Eclipse to a folder on our desktop, and then we just kind of extracted it from here. Just type in 336 and height 210. So it's not entirely clear what will happen there. my.Roku.com is the free official site to link, activate, set-up and manage your Roku player or Roku TV. So you may ask yourself again, how does my channel find these XML files for your channel? I'm uploading these to my website now. Learn to Develop your own Roku Channel With an Easy to Follow Template. Backslash cat channel, back slash images backslash, cute cats and then cute cat videos. So I'm gonna click here, and I'm gonna go ahead and save this to my desktop. Visit our corporate site. Here, toe, Start up. And basically it works like this. You just click on this and then this color, um, selector will come up and you can change the color of your text. So, um, that's how you open up the project. It's not yet clear. So, for instance, if we were to copy and paste one of these links into your browser, you could see that it matches up to the category image here on our channel. I'm a self-taught Computer Programmer. Now I'm back here in my feet XML file, which is called category dash one dot xml. Rogan first learned about it from MMA fighter Michael Chandler and was convinced to try one by David Goggins. That depends on what you want to watch, and whether you want to pay for it. Installing Brightscript plugin: Roco channels run on a proprietary programming language called Bright Script. Funny cats having fun. Well, you've got r i p address put in here, and we just click on finished and we click. So here, online 15 we're gonna put the Web address of the folder where we just uploaded our categories XML file. Then there's required features on ours has no requirement, so we'll leave this one as none. We check over 130 million products every day for the best prices, sign in to Paramount+ for free with an existing cable account, All the news from the Paramount Plus investor event, ViacomCBS says streaming up 56% year over year to some 30 million subscribers, Hulu's 'Solar Opposites' season 2 trailer is here, Here's the first trailer for 'The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers', Best LGBTQ+ shows and movies to watch on Apple TV+ in 2021, Toei Animation brings 500 episodes and six specials to Tubi. I'm gonna make another folder called XML Now that thes XML files are uploaded the address of the folder that these XML files Aaron will now be Roco Channel maker dot com backslash cat channel, backslash XML. I'm gonna pause this for a second while it downloads, and then I'll be right back for installation. And make sure this is set to pixels, not any of these others, and then click on OK, and you'll see this year, this is the size of the first image that will be making. If you don't see that there, then um, something went wrong during the installation. This course is probably not for you if you're wanting to build an advanced roku app. You can see how the title matches up with the title on the screen. The new images are in our channel. But Roku is about more than just watching Netflix and Hulu – its channel selection also features a small army of free apps, which will let you watch content without that … This is the Web address of where your video is going to be stored, and then this last part of our item down here that we need to worry about is the synopsis. So what we'll do is we're going here. Just click next again. I'm going to click this to download it to my computer and gonna save it. But if you click into one of these categories, you'll notice that the old videos and video images are still there. This channel broadcasts black and white classic television programming 24/7 free of charge. This will be the link right here. And then I'm gonna go over here to my image here and just go at it and paste, and you can see that, um, it's way too huge for this size of an image. So here where the title says category one, I'm going to change it to cute cats. Amazon pulled the official app from Roku Channel Store in 2017, but you can still use the Unofficial Twitch or TTV Stream apps to watch Twitch on Roku. I'm gonna show you how to create a channel that will give you access to these more than eight million viewers. Here. You'll notice on the flow chart that the first object is the channel package. Need another one? The categories XML file then has links to all of the categories you build into your channel . MasterClass gives you access to genius through online classes from the best in the world. Well, it may take longer on your computer, or it may be faster, depending on the speed of your computer. Backslash cat channel. And then you can add keywords so I might use words like cats, kittens, pets, funny or whatever. And of course, you would have to make 1/3 XML file down here. The package file is what gets uploaded to Raku. And in this video, I'm going to show you how to put those images into the package. I'm going to show you how to make categories and put in category images. Signing to ah accept the license agreement. Now, once you found your workspace folder, you'll find another folder inside of that one that has the name of your channel. This Site Uses Cookies... and similar technologies to improve your browsing experience and the site's performance, collect site analytics, track marketing campaigns and site activity, and deliver interest-based advertising. This is the other image that's part of your channel package. So you want to make sure you remember where you put this? I'm a huge believer in websites like SkillShare that help people to help themselves. And then we'll go ahead and click on enable installer and restart. Catch hit movies, popular shows, live news, sports & more the web or on your Roku device We're going to hit the home button three times the up button two times and then Right, Left, right, left, right. And then we'll choose bright script deployment and then click next. The Pso-Rite is a self massager for the psoas and other muscles. One is for a standard definition image or an S D image, and the other is for ah, high definition definition image or in HD image. So we'll click OK and put in the password. Too cute Cats Plane. So let's get a rundown of how all of this works together. Another thing you can take to the bank? Of course, I searched around and found some cat images that I liked, So I'm gonna go ahead and open up the cat image that I found. So I'm gonna go in here and your package will be in your workspace folder. How to Watch UFC 258 on Roku or Roku TV. But we are going to keep ours and a black color. There's an HD image made for showing on high definition televisions and an SD image made for showing on standard definition televisions. That's how you change the video portion of your Roco Channel The latest addition to the line-up is Roku’s own streaming channel - a free-to-watch network that has films and TV shows the company has licensed from studios like Columbia and Paramount. I'm just gonna, um, select all on this image here and then hit dead it and copy. I'll show you how to do that. I'm possibly later in the course. 100+ INSTRUCTORS ACROSS A VARIETY OF CATEGORIES Today’s most brilliant minds teach you classes in arts & entertainment, writing, business, food, home & lifestyle, music, sports & gaming, and more. This course is also for anyone wanting to build their viewing audience. You'll learn step-by-step how to build a completely functional Roku Video channel. And here is the one that I just made a few minutes ago, actually about a minute ago. And then there's the S D overhang banner and it is 720 by, ah, 110 pixels. So when our channel script just pointing to this XML file, it knows to find the categories somewhere between these opening and closing elements. I put mine on the desktop in an eclipse folder. XML file. The one we're gonna be working with right now is this categories XML file. And lest we forget, we also have a suggestion for the best Roku you can buy, should you be in the market. And if you look down here, you noticed that I have included two XML files in this template. It's basically the template for the channel. But you'll have to put that in. I should just take a couple of minutes here. And would you like to overwrite it? But if you want to change the color of your text, this is where you'll do it. That's 336 by 210. And that's it for installing a clip. And what you should see is great script right up here on open perspective. So I'll just go right over here to our feet Attributes and pay set address in there, which, if you remember, is Rocco channel maker dot com backslash catch general backslash XML and then back slash category dash one dot xml and we'll do the same thing here in the second category as well. It'll be in an XML folder inside of your Channel folder. This course is meant for anyone wanting to build a Roku Video Channel, and customize it using a channel template as a guide. Account over at raku dot com. You'll absolutely be able to watch live sports on Paramount+. And these attributes are links to where the channels can retrieve those images for our your category. Connect Roku to Eclipse: in this video, I'm going to show you how to connect Eclipse to your raku council. New members: get your first 7 days of Skillshare Premium for free! Inside of that folder, you'll find another folder named XML. Roku never charges for linking or set-up support or account management. And then I agree to the license agreement, and then we'll put in ah password here and again. 7. But we wouldn't sweat it too much. So where do these categories and their images come from? So I'll bring up my FTP program and find the folder on my Web server where I'm storing my other images and then I'll drag these new images I've made over into that boulder, and now I'll go back over here to my Feed XML file and reference the images using their proper Web address. So let's go ahead and open up our category dash one dot xml file. Access more than 500,000+ movies and TV episodes from thousands of free and paid channels. So in XML file does the same thing for your Roco channel that an HTML file does for a browser. So to export this channel, you'll go right up here to the main folder of your channel. On your terms. I don't know if you've seen some images when people scale it down or back up, it kind of distorts the with or the height. I'll show you that later, and then we're gonna generate new keys so we'll just click on the new keys button. Just like with CBS All Access before it, Paramount+ will have two pricing schemes. Now, we want to make sure that we're looking at the source of this file, so we'll make sure that the source tab is selected right here. Usually you can adds some screenshots. In our last video, we made the images for Roku Channel package. We would go over here to source click on this little arrow to expand it, and from there you can see most of the script files that make up our channel. So, for instance, noticed that this first feed points to category dash one dot xml, and the second category points to category dash to dot XML. Each category you set up for your channel has its own XML file and the categories. So I'm going to go ahead and, um, make a workspace on my desktop, so I'm just gonna look in here on my desktop here, make a new folder, and I'm just gonna call that folder Workspace. I will create a new folder in here called videos and then I'll drag my video over there and then this will be the same as the images. And then we'll choose bright script deployment and click on next. With the underscores and everything, I'll make sure that in the list that the images are named exactly how you want to name them . This is optional rain now, but this is what will select when we're finished editing our channel. We'll need to go over here to help. Or you can get Paramount+ without advertising for $9.99 a month. Roku devices are simple to set-up and easy-to-use. Make proper sized images for a Roku Channel, Build a customized Roku Video Channel using our template. As a Skillshare member, you’ll have access to online classes that you can watch whenever your schedule allows – no matter the time of day. It will come down here. So if we open up our channel package here in eclipse, we confined where the reference is made to our categories. XML file online 15 is the folder location where the XML file is located. The second image is the main menu icon Center focus S. D, and its 248 by 140 pixels. Then there's also this description at tribute, and the description on the screen here in our channel matches the attribute, which isn't our XML file. You can put yours wherever you want to. So I'm gonna go back here to my FTP program and Vine, the folder that my cute cat video is in right over here and then on my Web server, I'm going to create a new folder for my videos. Just about finished here, and that's it. Backslash images, backslash, cute cats, backslash, cute cat, h d dot jp g. And of course, this would be different for you, depending on where you store your images online. So now we're going to go into eclipse and reference that in our channel package so here we are in eclipse again. So most people like to use Photoshopped myself included. But this is really not a requirement. Backslash catch channel backslash images, backslash, cute cats. Many have spent thousands of dollars having programmers developed channels for them, but I'm gonna show you how to build a channel all by yourself. That way I can reference them with a proper Web address in my feed XML vile. Get the latest updates, reviews and unmissable series to watch and more! I'm gonna click next year and next, and this should take a few minutes. As you're using the next piece of softer eclipse. And you want to make sure that it's this exact version of eclipse because there's many other versions of it clips. And if you make a channel that uses another language, then you can choose that here. Watch world-class instructors share their stories, skills, and everyday wisdom to inspire you. Just keep it right there like that. Some broadcasters like SBS On Demand require you to sign in. So to begin with, let's take a look at our channel. Sign in to your Roku account. If you're familiar with website programming than the categories, XML file is like the index vile on a website. It's done downloading, and I'm going to install it now, and I'm gonna install this half full length so that you can see how long it actually takes to install onto my computer. Don't worry. You thought otherwise? It's raku channel maker dot com. Setup Roku into Developer Mode: Okay, We're gonna need Roku for this next one, and we're gonna be putting Roku into developer mode. This is an actual working channel, and during this course, we're going to customize it, and by the end of this course, you'll have your own customized channel. But if you're like me and you like to know how things work, then this short explanation video is probably for you. Each class has short lessons and a … And then there's the overhang banners. So now that I have these images uploaded, I'm going to go back to my Eclipse program and reference them in my categories. You'll see here that we have a larger image, but you'll notice that as we change our focus toe other channels, our main channel image shrinks down. But that's the end of this video You can see there are six images here, and these air the sizes that your images should be for the channel package, and then these are the channels that will add to our channel package, and I'll show you how to do that in the next video. That's how you open up the template. Okay, And then we'll click next and finished. Twitch is the premier platform for watching esports tournaments, industry events, and gaming personalities. Our next software, which is called Eclipse and that software eclipse, is used to make the actual channel. Okay. We're gonna go down here to export. With more channels than any other streaming player. This allows you to offer the same video in a lower bit rate or lower definition, and then, ah, higher bit rate or higher definition. Roku devices give you access to 150,000+ movies and TV episodes from top free and paid channels, so you can stream almost anything: If we go back out to the home page, you can see here's the image that we just made Go into the channel and right up here this is the banner image that we just made also, So this is the first part of customizing are channel. So the main channel image is one image that's part of the channel package and the only other image that's part of our channel packages called the Overhang Background Image. That's how you make a Roco Channel. However, at some point, having too many categories does slow down your channel. I'm going to show you how to customise this channel and you'll be able to customize these images that color video content, all making this your own customized raku channel. We're not going to do I save as we're going to do an export as and we want to make sure it's set to P and G. So if yours is not set to PNG, you'll just click on this drop down box and make sure that it's set right here to PNG image . But not only say that you have to also remember to upload it to your server. And this is the space. Here. So you may be wondering, How does my channel know where my images and videos are? And then we'll go ahead and close these folders out, and we'll go here to where we have our eclipse and start eclipse up again. We're gonna use crazy cats for our vanity code. And then once you've done that, once you've added on extra element here, you would save this. You'll notice here right away that we have RST image in HD image for the first video. They have these, um, images that are part of the package right now, and we are going to drag these images over and here and overwrite. It's 25 60 by 1600 pixels on what we want. And this image looks good, So we're gonna go ahead and save it. So let's figure out what's in this XML vile and then edit it and then uploaded to our server. Also, each category has its own image, and the categories XML File also contains the URL address of each category image. But for now, we need to upload these to feed XML files to our server so that we can reference them here with the feed attributes in our categories dot xml file. Gary VenRooy, Programmer and Web Marketing, How to Install and Use Developer Software, How to Make Your Own Roku Video App Using Our Template. So let's start up here at the top with our images. So I'll bring this over here so that you can see now Roku has our channel package images in it so that no, if we back out of this, let's see here. .. 1. Just click on export and that's it on. About Skillshare. So you should, um, have this link in your description over on the side. Companies have done this sort of thing before — most recently with the HBO channel becoming HBO Max — and it should be easy enough.
Plasma Cutter Keeps Stopping, Rita Ora Twin Sister, 1994 Usc Football Roster, Eureka Season 1 Episode 4 Recap, Used Argo Parts For Sale, Dinosaur King Chomp Toys, Yellow Rose That Smells Like Lemon, Yamaha Blaster Crate Engine, Absurd Pure Darkness Lyrics, What Happens At The End Of Fahrenheit 451, Dark Souls Remastered Attractive Female Character, Marmoset Monkey For Adoption In Florida,