epic v5 vs v8

It is lightweight, extremely efficient, and easy to handle. ski vs. kayak flat water cruise speed is about 6.5-7 mph in a ski vs. 4-5 for a 18’ kayak. lines as I put it in the water. The Epic V8 is very playful in the whitecaps. The challenge of mastering downwind paddling is endless. This is due to the larger wetter surface area of the V10 Sport, yet longer waterline of the V10 Sport. #NovemberPaddling, https://www.facebook.com/tcsurfski/photos/a.445288588940127/1730779050391068/?type=3, Happy Halloween! Hope everyone is enjoying the long holiday weekend! But in waves any higher, the V10 Sport will require your attention, and you will not feel as relaxed as you will be in the V8. The V8 is a great boat, just widen and redesign the footwell and you will have a better boat for the stated market. I know from experience that my heart rate takes a while to ramp up,  so I did a 2 mile warm-up to ensure it was stable before recording the time trials. Even if you've done clinics in the past, you will always benefit from a refresher course. Excellent stability allows beginners to jump on and paddle with confidence and give more experienced paddlers a short, stable surfski to use in big or rough conditions. For a beginner or intermediate paddler in anything but flat conditions, the increased speed of the narrower/longer boats would likely be less. You aren't used to seeing that word next to the word surfski so it bears repeating for those of you who may be thinking "he said what?" NUMBER ONE ON-LINE RETAILER FOR PERFORMANCE PADDLERS. Read and submit reviews for the Epic V8 Surfski. Hello again folks. So if you don't need the storage of the bulkheads and go out mostly for day paddles, this is the boat. This is  a one time sampling with a sample size of one,  so keep that in mind,  but the results were consistent with what I  observe and can  be utilized for directional guidance. I have never had my legs, feet, or toes fall asleep in either. Enter coupon code: fallwaves at checkout. That is where the better boat would have won the day, if not for a weak motor and a bad decision. Led by the iconic M22 Challenge, race organizers have discovered how fun and accessible these races can be. October 16, 2020 / … In terms of stability; on flat water or waves up to six inches high, they are about the same. He jumps ahead early and as we hammer the water to catch him I sense I'm going out too fast. I do dare. The Epic V8 is also fast! I bought a V8 performance model a few months back and have given it a pretty good workout since. We teach his methods to all students as well. Compared to the V8, the V8 Pro adds 12" of length (30 cm) and cuts nearly 1.5 inches (4 cm) off the width, creating a surfski design with paddling dynamics that are both livelier and faster than the V8. 15% off all online orders through today. The V8 handles very well and will get up and go; well worth the money. If you need to stock up on fall gear now is the time. The Epic V5 is now available in two lightweight composite layups, the Ultra and Performance, as well as the extremely durable Rotomolded layup. The V8 is pricey but it also gets used due to its light weight and so much fun to paddle. For the equivalent price of a kayak, this boat is considerably lighter. In terms of speed and stability, the V8 Pro fits perfectly between the Epic V8 and the V10 Sport. After a miserable experience trying to paddle a 75 pound tandem into the wind and seemingly against the current both ways with my 10 year old, I made sure I bought a light and agile boat. The goal with the V8 is to provide a boat that bridges the gap between sea kayaks and surfskis. This is the perfect lightweight, fast, and stable boat for paddling the inland lakes and rivers of Northern Michigan. It does feel a bit sluggish for the first few strokes definitely for those comming from the skinier racing skis. In terms of speed and stability, the V8 Pro fits perfectly between the Epic V8 and the V10 Sport. It's stable, it's fast. I love the idea of not being enclosed in a cockpit with skirt. One of the ones that started it all. And most likely win. Surf skis are not as stable as SOT kayaks but the V8 was very easy to adapt. #PaddleWithPower #OscarTechnique #TcSurfskiLessons #ClassicSummerConditions, https://www.facebook.com/tcsurfski/photos/a.175749459227376/1600105703458404/?type=3, Beautiful day for paddle racing in Northern Michigan. Excellent stability allows beginners to jump on and paddle with confidence and give more experienced paddlers a short, stable surfski to use in big or rough conditions. As they watch me ascend the boat ramp to my car and slide it smoothly onto the V-bars, they are understandably left wondering, "Who is that woman?" Hard to get any better than fresh swept Leelanau county roads on a warm and windless spring evening. I am a pretty normal built for 190cm and I swear I need another 2-4cm length than its longest setting to reach what I consider a decent paddle posture (being able to fit a clenched fist and thumb under my knees). Epic Kayaks V5/V7 Rudder. #PaddleTriathlonSeason #EpicSurfskis #DontLoseYourRaceOnTheWater. $69.95. My only regret is that I didn't add another 13 miles and go all the way to Northport. The seat is molded in with no padding but then this one is for speed, not comfort. Let me know what you think. #EpicGPX #EpicV5 #EpicV10Ultra #EpicV10L #BeginAJourney #InWaterThereIsSerenity, Just in time for all you last minute holiday shoppers, we just received a few of the all new Vaikobi VXP RACE PFDs. I think that certainly a sub 3 will be the winning mark. Former Epic Kayaks Australian Distributor for 10 years ... V5 Surf Ski Epic Kayaks Australia. I really like the rudder system with large pedals and the rudder built in about 18" from the back of the kayak. Sitting in it you are sitting in the water just like most sea kayaks but unlike most sit on tops where you feel you are perched on top. Since our lakes are getting so small I have to carry the ski about a mile from the parking lot to the water so at 35 pounds, it is very easy to do - I was carrying a 70 pound kayak before so I just love the lightness of this ski! If you've got the paddle triathlon bug, check out our listing of races through the summer. In terms of speed and stability, the V8 Pro fits perfectly between the Epic V8 and the V10 Sport. once on a a fairly calm lake and another at the Surfski Championships Demo day. Love this route for all the different challenging conditions it throws at you. The new Pro V8 just came out and I look forward to a demo test on it until then I'm going to have a blast on this ski. #FallDownwind #GlenArborToLeland #V8Pro #15MilesOfSurfing, Distance 15.45 mi | Time 1:41:52 | Speed 9.1 mph | Elevation 932 ft, Happy Labor Day. $88.00. For the next 4 months I spent more time in the water than on the ski and began to regret my decision to sell. Offer only valid today! I found the ski to be stable and fast my only gripe like everyone else is the narrow footwell with my size 13 feet (UK)! Next up is the East Jordan R3. I first started paddling in an Epic V5, and for a year, I thought this was the epitome of paddling pleasure. Today, the roster of competitors in the 25th Anniversary of the venerable Blackburn Challenge includes yours truly. I also found it to be very responsive to my commands and I can get it up to speed in 2 or 3 strokes. $40.00. bearing up beneath dark storm clouds and a gale of calendar pages. WANTED: Epic v10 3G Elite or Fenn Swordfish S Carbon $3500 October 16, 2020 / Joseph Dichiacchio. Somehow I make it to the ocean in second place. This is my workout boat and I can keep it t 6mph with very little effort. Last fall when Epic first announced the all new roto-molded V7 I wrote a blog speculating on how it would perform, where it would excel, and how it had the potential to be a true game changer for the sport of SURFSKI paddling.. Last week I had a chance to actually experience the V7 out in Charleston, SC. I've been paddling for 12 years, and still gain immensely from listening to Oscar. Just enter coupon code: xmas19 at checkout. Read reviews for the Epic V8 Surfski by Epic Kayaks Inc. as submitted by your fellow paddlers. Located in New Jersey. The V10 Sport is more efficient than the V8 above 4.5 mph. Love this boat so much that I bought another one (V10 double). I sold my PH Cetus LV and Huki surf ski five years ago, both great rides. Budget $3500 incl shipping. Vaikobi V-Cold Base Layer Top Epic Kayaks Australia. Here is my Garmin Track: having just been paddling 6 years I got my V8 a year ago and basically use it for fitness. Congrats to all who got out on the water today!! The Epic V7 breaks that mold and sets a new standard for rotomold performance. It looks like a fast boat that would be really fun in our bay. This makes you more stable and less affected by the wind and waves. in the Demo day I took it out and surfed it back down wind and felt as if i could win the Molokai :-). Really enjoy how stable it is in all conditions and weather. Quick View. The best I can muster is a fair representation of a caffeine-fueled jackass. I have paddled in the Gulf for miles at a time and been able get great exercise as well as get to a spot quickly (dolphins, birds, etc). In this blog I’ve tried to add some clarity based on my own experience. #LeelanauRoadbiking #SuttonsBayBikes #M22ChallengeTraining, https://www.facebook.com/tcsurfski/photos/a.445288588940127/1544336175702024/?type=3, Surfski paddling requires good core strength. On a late summer evening in August 2017, with light winds and a very small swell,  I did a two mile time trial (out and back) in a V8 Ultra, V5 Rotomolded Plastic, and V10 GT. Our latest delivery of new Epic V5, V6, V7, V8Pro, V9 and V10’s together with Epic paddles and a full range of accessories are selling fast…we now have limited numbers of V5, V7 and V10 available for immediate delivery. Both surfskis are ergonomic and comfortable. 15% off all Mocke Products and Free Shipping over $100 at TC SURFSKI. Catching some good runners, I surge ahead, but at a 20 degree angle away from their course. The conditions were essentially flat and stability is not an issue for me in any of the boats,  so that should be factored into the equation as well. With no skirt, the boat took on water and I hauled an extra 100 pounds of shifting payload to the greasy pole. From $3,300.00 - $4,995.00 . Very light, good tracking, good stability. I know there can be confusing messages around it. By blending speed, high stability and a performance oriented deck & outfitting, the V8 offers new levels of accessibility and opportunity. Epic Kayaks Weedless Rudder Plastic. It was a good boat. The V8 is my sixth kayak and the one that I paddle most of the time. Hard to believe M22 Challenge is just over six weeks away. #DownwindLakeMichigan #GlenArborToLeland #FutureWorldClassRace, Distance 16.07 mi | Time 1:55:01 | Speed 8.4 mph | Elevation 554 ft, Great video on an even greater race. #PureMichigan #AllSurfingIsGood #WeekendWithGreatFriends #Moomba, Super fun day paddling the Nelo 520xl in the Gorge Downwind Champs race. Nothing has done more to introduce Surfskis to the Midwest than this race. If your budget allows, I highly recommend the epic V8 Performance layup. I got into ski paddling to catch runners (waves in the sea). Get it on your summer calendar for 2020!! #R3AdventureTri #45ParallelPaddleFest, Another M22 Challenge in the books. No regrets. If you are an elite paddler racing for the podium or age group wins, then .2 mph will be significant, but if you are looking to be have fun, race competitively in triathlons,  learn to surf,  and be safe, then buying a stable boat is the only way to go! How can we make it happen? Workmanship is excellent. #CoreStrength #EpicBackPad #BetterPosture #BetterComfort, Please don’t hesitate to send an e-mail to [email protected] with any questions regarding an order you have placed or would like to place, A Brain Dump of Downwind Thoughts and Theories, A Formula for Optimal Downwind: (Wind Speed / Wave Height) + Current. Just ask any paddler! And even the muscular 6.2-liter V8, which returns 411 hp and 434 lb-ft, can only match — but not beat — the EcoBoost when it comes to towing capacity. The V8 will take you there. Now I'm in third place. I think I've found a faster line. This is the perfect surfski for paddlers seeking a significant performance upgrade from the popular Epic V8. Needless to say this boat feels right at home for anyone that comes from sea kayaking. He moves to the front. The V8 was perfect for learning primarily because it is so stable. At the starting line is Roger Gocking who took first place last year. Looking for a new/mint Epic v10 3G or Fenn Swordfish S Carbon. I'm staring down the barrel of my 56th birthday and Father Time's itchy finger grows heavy on the trigger. I am a novice skier and currently paddle the V10 sport. The Great Lakes offer world class surfski conditions! I loved the idea of a surf ski because of the above but didn’t have a chance to try one until 2 years ago. Approaching Dog Bar, the swells increase. Demonstrating that you can develop the skills to paddle the bigger ocean conditions paddling predominantly on the Great Lakes Awesome work Greg!! I’ve had my epic V8 for 2 years and love this boat! Ultra – 12 kg $5,000. Give the gift of paddling, it will enrich your life forever. Using a GPS to track the Epic's speed is sorting out my technique; small changes are measurable with this boat. V8 Pro Surf Ski Epic Kayaks Australia. Hope everyone else is enjoying the holiday and taking the opportunity to get outside. My local dealer had lent me a demo boat. The V5 is as stable as the average sea kayak. As you start moving along you realy catch up some speed and feel totaly in control. This is unsustainable. The Epic V5 is now available in two lightweight composite layups, the Ultra and Performance, as well as the extremely durable Rotomolded layup. Hate to give anything a 10/10 but that being said, I thought the V8 'ski remarkable. It took me 6 tries to get it right, but I finally have the perfect ski for me. The "eternal footman held my coat and snickered" and in short, I was enraged. Coming in with the surf is the most unstable I feel and have been dumped (the leash is a must!). $2,995.00 $3,395.00 Might as well join the fun while my daughter Willa learns to wake surf. I finish the race without ever having made the first brace stroke and officially become what Bart Simpson calls the "second loser". Once again I find myself at Gloucester High School, home of the Fighting Fishermen, My goal was to maintain exactly the same level of effort (based on monitoring HR)  and see what sort of difference I saw in speed. Cruises well at 5.8 mph through 6.2 mph. It carries my 105kg easily but there isn't any spare 'butt width' either. It is amazing how low you can keep your HR when you learn to use your legs and core for power, eliminate unnecessary movements, and leverage the waves for a free ride. Faceless strangers wheeled me down hospital corridors as I stared at the ceiling tiles and counted light fixtures. 10/12/2020 Total views: 358 Price: $ 2,500.00. The only negative is the width of the footwell, with wintertime approaching wearing muklocks is a little tight. would have gave 10 other than footwell width. I bought it from http://www.kayaksport.net/ in Toronto. I was recently trading e-mails with a potential customer and  I went to send him a link for a blog I thought I wrote and published last year, only to realize that I never  published it. Very happy with it. It definitely surfs like a champ and I think I only buried the bow one time. This is an awesome boat. For a few glorious seconds the corn dog is in first place! Epic Kayaks Weed Deflector. Elite – 10.4 Kg $5,600. This is probably the only boat you can take directly from the shop to a down wind race without any preparations. But overall, the boat is easy to get in whether I’m starting from shore or in water over my head. Heading out through the surf I felt very stable as well as paddling behind the surf. Just two years earlier a vascular conspiracy brewed in my bloodstream. Curious onlookers comment on its long, sleek (dare I say sexy?) The only reason I did not give it a 10 was due to the foot well width (others have complained about this too). I find the primary stability very good and the craft to be very fast. Greg’s Epic Surfski Speed Comparison {Theoretical 10K flatwater time-trial} It is now just a matter of holding on to third place as they shrink in the distance. That would have been my moment. After much research and having listened to ton's of opinions, I decided to buy the Epic V8 for my first ski. From $3,195.00 - $4,995.00 . #Mocke #Vaikobi #Epic #Nelo #Vaaka, We've got some amazing boats at amazing year end inventory clearance prices. #HappyHolidays #WestBayFun #SantaDelivers, Last day to get 10% off all on-line orders at tcsurfski.com. You have absolute control on the wave and my GPS showed 9 mph which is the fastest I ever got with any Ski. If you haven't subscribed to our monthly newsletter, its probably worth 2 minutes of your time. The V8 Pro will fit paddlers from 4’10” to 6’5” in height. At 6'4" and tipping the scales at 215lbs, its nice to have something that fits me well enough. You won’t be disappointed, Grand Traverse County Parks and Recreation, Check out these great reviews on the Epic GPX. Despite the emphasis I have placed on stability, which I think is the priority when learning, the V8 is fast. Fast, yet extremely stable, this is a surfski that most kayakers should be able to hop right onto and paddle off. As for the boat, the numbers speak for themselves. It was an excellent choice. Re-entry is no more difficult than on many rather more pedestrian sit-on top designs while the massive secondary stability lets you get away with all sorts of crazy heel angles while surfing! Last year, I used a yak with a cockpit. 4-7 foot on average with some 9 footers in there. The ski which single-handedly broadened the sport of surfski when it was introduced a few years ago. Just in time to get a pair and be styling at the beer tent Gorge Downwind Champs - SUP #CoolAndComfortable #Vaikobi #Style #BeerTent #GorgeDownwindFestival #FreeShippingOver100, Many thanks to Dennis Paull and the Cheboygan Waterways Festival for the 7th year in a row of awesome downwind paddle racing. The V5 composite, with its lighter weight, is even easier to carry to and from the water and unload from your roof rack. after reading that last bit. Granted I had a great opportunity as I connected with Randall Taylor who is an epic rep here in Jax Beach and took the time to educate me on the use before and during that trial. As I'm surfing toward the rocks, trying to exploit the bumps, the safety kayaks are getting nervous. Located in Columbia, MD. You can see a video of the V8 … $4,500.00 . The Epic V5 is now available in two lightweight composite layups, the Ultra and Performance, as well as the extremely durable Rotomolded layup.Excellent stability allows beginners to jump on and paddle with confidence and give more experienced paddlers a short, stable surfski to use in big or rough conditions. So this is the third time I've been out in this boat. I hopped on a V8 and was super impressed; there was no "oops, oh crap" moment so familiar with the dilettante surfski enthusiast. I just bought a V8 today and was able to get out for a bit. Attention to detail, relentless analysis and dedicated training will combine with old age and treachery for a go at the winner's circle. Malone Channel Loader Kayak Load Assist. They marvel as I cruise back in, leap out, then grip the cockpit handle with one hand and curl all 18 feet of dripping glory onto my shoulder with apparent ease. The V5 composite, with its lighter weight, is even easier to carry to and from the water and unload from your roof rack. One paddles towards me to steer me away. I tried to showcase what this boat is capable of. I dare to BE Epic. Dave Furniss is on my wash and the three of us snake down the Annisquam River as a single creature with loose joints. I now have a Epic V8 for when I want to exercise on the water and that was the first thing I noticed. The V8 Pro is the perfect boat for those who want a performance upgrade from our popular V8 or a high performance ski that is a bit more stable than the V10 Sport. The Epic V8 Series 1 vs Series 2 is like comparing the Holden Belmont HQ to the Clubsport And the bailer, the bailer! #downwind #ContextIsEverything #AlwaysLearning #SlowDown #ExpirementOften, First time out on my road bike this year. Quick View. My gaze remains locked on the turn at the seawall but I'm conscious of cold water crashing abeam into my lap and filling the cockpit. 2 years old in excellent condition. ... You don’t feel the shallows slow you down near as much in a long skinny boat. In terms of speed and stability, the V8 Pro fits perfectly between the Epic V8 … I’m not a work out junky and, by no means, strong and this boat is easy for me to maneuver in and out of the water. The old one used a bullet in the floor where you could place a rubber bung in for flat water and then just paddle fast in the waves or accept the inch or two of water that sits in the foot well. The only reason that I did not give it a 10 is the seat comfort. I live a good hour from the sea so the bulk of my paddling is done on the lakes in northern England so the biggest waves are maybe 5ft on a very windy day. What a race and what a day we had for racing. All of the reviews are created and written by paddlers like you, so be sure to submit your own review and be part of the community! Nearly as stable and maneuverable as the V5, substantially faster, and ridiculously light (only 34 pounds), this kayak is an attention-getter. It is an adventure, but certainly doable for most paddlers. For example: “How much faster will I be if I … Contact Betty at bettys@hey.com. First forget all talk about initial and secondary stability you often hear from sales reps, this ski is just flat out stable with a secondary that will not let go of you unless some how you just flip your self out of the ski. The V8 was one of the first stable surfski kayaks for the intermediate paddler with other brands to follow. The deck features all the surfski simplicity of the V10 and V12, the main components being a fully adjustable footbrace and rear deck bungees. The easiest surfski to paddle on the market. The surfski is well proven to be the ultimate triathlon kayak. Many thanks to the organizer and volunteers who make this race happen so smoothly every year. It takes some power to keep up when they immediately accelerate to 11 mph. The second set of times reflect Greg’s best estimate as to what an intermediate level paddler could expect on the same course. Below are the actual Garmin tracks for each of the above time trials: There are many more detailed speed charts and boat comparisons on different websites,  but hopefully this very simple analysis still helps. 5. Can I ask Epic: "Why the obsession with ultra narrow footwells in a boat you claim to be for beginners or people transitioning from sea kayaks?"
German Sort Code, Most Memorable 80s Commercials, Zeta Reticuli Zr3, Winchester 308 185 Grain Subsonic, Eureka Season 1 Episode 4 Recap, The Small Robot Company, Jeopardy Switch Online Multiplayer,