crf150f vs ttr125l

Both bikes feature 3.7 inches of trail. Names from McGrath and Stanton to Costella and Abrigo … Fueling is handled by a 20mm Mikuni carburetor that is a lot more cold-blooded than the Honda’s. The Honda CRF125F features the more common nut-and-thread adjusters to help maintain proper chain slack whereas the TTR-125LE uses snail adjusters. Ignition: DC-CDI I've seen dyno charts for both bikes as stock from the factory. It is mainly used for family fun and off-road trails. Re: TTR125 VS. CRF150 I've been on both of these bikes and the TTR125L is way less powerfull than the CRF150. The CRF is much more rider friendly. Tires A man of few words, when grilled about the nuances of both machines, he simply responded, “I like both of these bikes a lot, but I like the Yamaha a little better.”, 2017 Honda CRF125F Specifications Ok,my wife is ready for a bike. We’ve always liked snail adjusters for their ease of use and because you don’t need a wrench to turn them once the wheel is loose. Wheelbase: 50.0 inches When you’re dealing with smaller machines, every millimeter of space in the ergonomic triangle counts, and the Yamaha simply feels roomier than the Honda. wade Posts: 139 Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:06 am. With a range of race-developed features, including a disc front brake, tough lightweight bodywork and long-travel front and rear suspension, the TT-R125LWE are the next step up from our mid-sized TT-R110E. Simple enough: One of our crew was always there to catch him whenever he came to a stop. CRF. But just because playbikes such as the CRF125F and the TTR-125LE are comparatively unsophisticated doesn’t mean that they’re boring. Member. The CRF150R is in the same family as the CRF250R and CRF450R. Below is the information on the 2005 Yamaha TT-R 125L. Front: 70/100-19 Tires There is nothing to dislike about either machine as both feature steel backbone chassis that offer light and easy steering along with plenty of stability for their speed range. In this video I'm at Stonyford again riding other people's dirt bikes. Brakes In fact, it's so close to … The 2006 Honda CRF 150F Motorcycle weighs 223 lbs which is 2.19% less than other Off-Road models. The CRF125F and the TT-R125LE offer confidence inspiring power and a linear feel at both ends, another plus for new riders. The Yamaha rides on a slightly longer wheelbase than the Honda, 50.0 inches vs. 49.4 inches, its 28.7° is just a tad more slack than the Honda’s 27°30′ (minutes) rake. He was also recently selected to be on the first 65cc team to tackle the notoriously difficult 24 Hours of Glen Helen. Both engines are extremely tractable. Sep 16, 2009 #1. We would like to ride the gentle trails and around the campsite. Their stone-reliable air-cooled four-stroke technology, which features good old-fashioned carburetion has been unchanged for decades. Ads are free. Below is the information on the 2015 Yamaha TT-R 125LE. Sell or buy used bikes? But to do it right, we needed the opinion of more than just an adult. Transmission: four-speed I am 14 now but when i got the bike i was 13. If you would like to get a quote on a new 2005 Yamaha TT-R 125L use our Build Your Own tool, or Compare this bike to other Off-Road motorcycles.To view more specifications, visit our Detailed Specifications. Like their handing, braking of both machines is more than adequate. Garvin took to the hill on both bikes. The CRF125F’s 124.9cc is achieved via a long-stroke engine, with the bore and stroke measuring 52.4mm x 57.9mm and a pump gas-friendly 9.0:1 compression ratio. She has never ridden a bike … Claimed Curb Weight: 198.0 pounds What In The World Is Travis Pastrana Up To Now? Seat Height: 30.9 inches Engineering from the minds of racers, coupled with the latest in CAD and CNC technology, allows BBR to house one of the largest selections of innovative four-stroke MX performance parts in the world. Our big jump is 40 long, the 150 does not bottom out, the TT-R does! With a claimed curb weight of 198 pounds, the Yamaha is four pounds heavier than the Honda, although the weight difference wasn’t noticeable. Bikez.biz has an efficient motorcycle classifieds. Fuel Capacity: 1.1 gallons BBR Motorsports is the industry's premier adult four-stroke playbike performance technology company. I have found some good prices on a 2007 TTR125 (L & LE) Models. Ground Clearance: 10.4 inches That added flexibility helps the Yamaha to stay in the sweet spot of its power a little easier as well, and that’s likely to make it a little more fun as a rider’s skill level progresses. My wife is 5'6" tall and 135. My 150 was easy to start when it was stock, but ever since I put the Powroll Headr on it, it has been harder to start, not much though. This was also my first bike and his liek 5th. Posts: 340 re: Quote: Originally posted by Blitz393 yep, the TTR is better. 10:40. hey i am 13 i have a cr80 and i am going to get either a crf150f or a ttr125 i kno all you are honda riders but i really need you opinions. MSRP: $3299. Front: Single 220mm disc with twin-piston caliper go to … 2006 Honda CRF® 150F pictures, prices, information, and specifications. Even after it was warm, the TTR-125LE’s throttle response was noticeably softer than the CRF125F’s. It has quite a bit of torque for being an air-cooled engine, but nothing that will scare you. Seat Height: 31.79 inches The TT-R125LE’s 31mm telescopic front fork and linked rear shock deliver more travel, 7.1 inches up front and 6.6 inches out back as well as the added benefit of preload adjustability in the fork and full adjustability for preload, compression damping and rebound damping in the shock. … As long as he kept moving, he was hell on wheels. And The TTR was brand new. By contrast, the Yamaha’s clutch has a narrower engagement and feels considerably more grabby than the Honda’s. Year after year, the entry-level rider and the shorter trail rider have waited for a modern off-road bike on which they could enjoy, but usually manufacturers invest their money in big and sophisticated machines addressed to experienced riders. The Single-Cylinder engine in the 2006 Honda CRF 150F Motorcycle has a displacement of 149 cc which is 27.67% less than its competition.. If you would like to get a quote on a new 2006 Honda CRF® 150F use our Build Your Own tool, or Compare this bike to other Off-Road motorcycles.To view more specifications, visit our Detailed Specifications. Get the 150! My wife has only been on a 65cc 4 stroke moped for a couple of years. By continuing to browse our site you agree to our use of data and cookies. “These bikes are fun!” he proclaimed, and indeed they are. It's got power and it's reliable. Bikez has a high number of users looking for used bikes. Full review, tops speed runs/races, wheelies, and sound comparison.Consider supporting us? Top. Ditto for their steel chassis and other non-exotic materials such as steel rims and drum rear brakes. Trail: 94mm (3.7 inches) Claimed Curb Weight: 194.0 pounds, 2017 Yamaha TT-R125LE Specifications Compression Ratio: 9.0:1 Quite the opposite, they’re true multi-purpose tools that are capable of providing fun for the whole family, regardless of the rider’s age or skill level, and they’re motocross bike-inspired styling makes them attractive additions to anyone’s garage. With a claimed curb weight of 198 pounds, the Yamaha is four pounds heavier than the Honda, … The Motoventionist 226,100 views. The suspension department is one area where these two playbikes separate a little bit again. Rear: 95mm drum Wheelbase: 49.4 inches The size of a dirt bikeis one of the biggest factors to choosing the right dirt bike for you. The CRF is definitely tuned for low-end grunt, but its output is silky smooth and unintimidating, a boon for first-time riders. Engine Type: 124cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke If you would like to get a quote on a new 2015 Yamaha TT-R 125LE use our Build Your Own tool, or Compare this bike to other Off-Road motorcycles.To view more specifications, visit our Detailed Specifications. Rear: 110mm drum Valve Train: SOHC, two valve per cylinder We use data about you for a number of purposes explained in the links below. I’ve only been on a CRF 125 a couple of times but there were some clear differences between them: The CRF was able to warm up quicker. There’s no question in our minds that the Honda carburets more cleanly than the Yamaha, and the Honda’s clutch and transmission action are smoother. The Yamaha’s transmission is also very smooth from gear to gear, although not as smooth as the Honda’s. The suspension is SO soft on the TTR that I actually had a hard time controlling in going up rocks on the trails. Buy one too big and tall, and you’ll get frustrated that you can barely touch the ground when sitting on the bike, resulting in more falls and accidents when learning to ride. I'm telling you, get the 150 or you will be very disapointed! Yamaha TT-R230 vs. Honda CRF250F. Induction: Keihin 20mm piston-valve carburetor Log in to post comments; Wed, 19/07/2006 - 15:43 #5. The Yamaha TT-R230 is a great beginner bike. Handling is one area where our two little thumpers dueled to an absolute draw. First of all, it’s not as finicky and is easier to jet. The CRF and the TT-R will go where you point them with no surprises. Transmission: five-speed It’s all in good fun, but our Honda CRF125F vs. Yamaha TT-R125LE comparison delivered a clear winner. Rake (Caster angle): 27° 30’ (‘= minutes) Duane Brown of BBR Motorsports, Inc. discusses the Yamaha TT-R125. From the moment young Lessing climbed aboard either of the two machines, you could see the grin under his helmet. © 2021 VerticalScope Inc. All Rights DirtBikes.com wanted to revisit some of these playbikes, and our plan was to grab a horse apiece from the four Japanese OEMs for our little comparison, but that couldn’t happen because neither Suzuki nor Kawasaki had models available in their test fleet. hey i am 13 i have a cr80 and i am going to get either a crf150f or a ttr125 i kno all you are honda riders but i really need you opinions. Both bikes feature 3.7 inches of trail. Not really. Some kids around my neighborhood have 04 tt-r125's with a new pipe and air filter, and just the basics. Intermediate Class : Join Date: Feb 2003. TTR125 vs CRF150f Review-Comparison-Top Speed-Wheelies - Duration: 10:40. 2015 Yamaha TT-R 125LE pictures, prices, information, and specifications. The Honda feels linear enough, but its power thins out considerably at the high end of the rev range. link += (ltr) We are a community and retailer dedicated to the owners of … Final Drive: chain Brakes Rear: Single shock, fully adjustable; 6.6 inches travel Both feature the convenience of electric-start but also include kickstarters—just in case, and both sport 19-inch front and 16-inch rear wheels stopped by disc brakes up front and drum brakes out back. Rear: Pro-Link, single shock with adjustable spring preload; 5.9 inches travel 2005 Yamaha TT-R 125L pictures, prices, information, and specifications. That’s a small detail, but the difference between these machines is often small though significant. These diminutive thumpers represent a whole lot more than gateway machines for budding dirtbike enthusiasts. However, at least initially, young Jett pronounced that he liked the way the Honda’s engine performed and how easily it shifted. 8 years ago. Ground Clearance: 10.4 inches But when we drag raced i beat him. Their tooling has long been paid for, which means that they deliver a higher profit margin for the manufacturer, which helps to defray the extensive R&D costs associated with the cutting-edge motocross off-road machines in Honda’s CRF and Yamaha YZ/WR four-stroke lines. Suspension travel at both ends is 5.9 inches. Front: 70/100-19 This is $1489.60 less expensive than its competition.. Thread starter RoadDawg; Start date Sep 16, 2009; RoadDawg. Its power is transmitted through a manual clutch to a four-speed gearbox with a silky shift action. The CRF has less travel, and it’s stiffer than the Yamaha, front and rear. the suspension is stiffer than that of the KLX/DRZ (KLX and DRZ are mechanically identical), and that says a LOT, because the TTR … Click here to sell a used 2008 Yamaha TT-R125L or advertise any other MC for sale.You can list all 2008 Yamaha TT-R125L available and also sign up for e-mail notification when such bikes are advertised in the future. Mikuni VM24 Carb vs. Stock Carb. The base price of the 2006 Honda CRF 150F Motorcycle is $3099. Both bikes have a fiv… At the end of the day, our feelings on these two machines could best be summed up by the newest member of our test team, Jett Lessing. My Friend has a TT-R125, and my brother has a 150. Ignition: CDI AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship, 5 Best Beginner Dirtbikes for Adults: Trailbikes You Can Learn On and Keep, 13 Classic Dual Sport Motorcycles Worth Owning, Ten Best Two-Stroke Dirt Bikes for Off-Road Riding, DirtBikes.com Visits Motorcycle.com’s Adventure Shootout. Later, however, Garvin’s 24-Hour teammate, Nick Stover, cleared the top of the mountain on the Honda; it just took him a lot longer to get there as he had to rely on the CRF’s tractor-like low gear. The TTR is small and weak. Buy one too small and you’ll be cramped and uncomfortable while riding the bike. Watching Jett tackle the jumps on the vet-styled REM track at Glen Helen, it was apparent that the Yamaha’s additional travel serves it well, as it is far more plush than the Honda’s, a position backed by Garvin’s seat-of-the-pants testing. Front: Single 220mm disc with twin-piston caliper NRNR. Im 180 lbs and 5' 10" tall. Supercross: Top 5 Reasons Why Jason Anderson is a Title Contender. Posts: 3,623 Re: TTR125 VS. CRF150. Despite its mushier throttle response, the Yamaha outshines the Honda with just a little more oomph through all of its gears, and the blue bike inches away from the red bike on the top-end from gear to gear. Yamaha TTR125L or Kawasaki KLX140. A ttr125 with alot of after market parts is about as fast as a stock crf150.I race with cr80s on my crf150, my bike gets more top end but they get me on the shoot because they have a power-band,but i smoke them every where else.my freind has a ttr125 and i raced him for fun one day at the track when i was practicing, and i waxed him. There was no explication for the fact that although the motorcycling market was, and still is continuously growing a part of that clientele was not satisfied at all. What's the difference between a honda crf150r and a crf150f. However, the Yamaha’s slightly better torque spread, fifth gear, and plusher, more adjustable suspension add real value to the package. That presented some challenges for our photo shoot as the 30+-inch seat heights of our two test units were too much for him to be able to touch the ground. CRF150R First race southfork mx moto 1 - … I have also been looking at the Kawasaki KLX140 for her. We are a community dedicated to the owners of Honda off-road dirt bikes and specifically the Honda CRF models. Oh well, it happens. How Old Do You Have To Be To Ride A Dirtbike? That “almost an inch” could mean all the difference if you don’t have Jett’s dad, Garvin or someone else to catch you when you are coming to a stop. We drag race, the 150 wins, we race(on our track), the 150 wins. Young Jett is already an accomplished desert racer, having won the 2016 Rocky Mountain ATV/MC WORCS 65cc B championship (seriously beating up on the 65cc A riders in the process), and if things keep going his way he will earn the AMA District 37 Big Grand Prix title in the same class. Even so, we didn’t want to give up on our plans to explore the low-pressure, fun side of dirtbiking that the CRF125F and TT-R125LE offer. Trail: 94mm (3.7 inches) As you would imagine, the TTR125 has a little more power than the XR100. Compression Ratio: 10.0:1 Reserved. CRF150F: OEM Carb : PD 26mm : Honda : Keihin: Standard Carb Settings / m=main / p=pilot / c-=needle clip position: 105m/38p : 110m/38p: Stock, 156cc (2003-2005) or 149cc (2006-Present) 105m/38p - - Pipe and Filter (stock needle) 110m/40p - - Pipe and Filter (Honda Full Power needle) 112m/42p/c-#3--Pipe, Filter and 175cc Bore Kit (2003-2005) (stock needle) 115m/40p … Also, CRF susspension is way better than a TTR especially if you plan to do any … Again, this is less likely to intimidate beginners. -Davi MillsapsHonda CRF150F In terms of size and delivery, you could say that the CRF150F is the porker of the bunch. All of our testers, young and old, big and small, preferred the Yamaha’s ergonomics over the Honda’s. One other small detail we noticed on the two machines had to do with their chain adjustment mechanisms. Yet, there are notable differences between the two machines as well, and our test crew did come to a unanimous decision about which on it favored more. I am in the same place as you. (I bought the CRF), yeh dude the crf 150 does not have a bad starter, unless you get an old one. The Honda is very smooth and has a linear power-curve, so no surprises there. So him being better than me is not a factor. So, why is the Mikuni VM24 round slide carb better than the stock Mikuni on Yamaha’s TTR 125 four stroke dirt bike? As we said, both bikes rely on carbureted, air-cooled, SOHC, two-valve, four-stroke singles with manual clutches for motivation. You should get the crf 150 or something else, but i had a tt-r 125 before my crf and i like to race, do stunts, and stuff thats hard, i got a crf 150 because my tt-r 125 gave out after a year. The CRF150F is slightly taller than the TTR125L, but still shorter than the CRF230F. Last Online: 04-15-2004 06:53 AM. Get the 150. Front: 31mm telescopic, adjustable preload; 7.1 inches of travel. I would get the CRF...my CRF is in the shop right now so I had to ride a TTR225 this last weekend. by crfhonda-rider » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:59 am, by crfhonda-rider » Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:08 am, by crf150rider » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:11 pm, Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests. The TTR125 has 8.4 peak horse power. CRF150F that is...-Rob #4 04-09-2003, 03:46 PM TTR125L02. Did it matter? Bore and Stroke: 54.0mm x 54.0mm I rode one when i was deciding between that or the honda CRF 150f. Final Drive: chain Suspension Rear: 90/100-16 I would go with the Honda CRF 150. The TT-R took quite a bit longer to warm up after a cold start taking quite a bit longer to warm up than the CRF125F. (2007) For more info. DirtBikes.com test rider Nic Garvin runs a training school for aspiring motocross and off-road riders as a side business, so we tapped him to recruit a youngster for our test, and he came up with a real diamond in 10-year-old Jett Lessing from East Vale, California. Induction: Mikuni VM 20mm carburetor Get the 150. Below is the information on the 2006 Honda CRF® 150F. I hope whichever bike you choose you have fun. yer but the crf150 is very he . However, once underway, it is hard not to notice just how much more torquey and linear the TTR-125LE is than the CRF125F. We use cookies to improve your experience on this website and so that ads you see online can be tailored to your online browsing interests. Considering that both of them retail for $3299, it the details that helped us to choose a winner even though we fell in love with both the Honda CRF125F and the Yamaha TT-R125LE. Joined Jul 10, 2009 Messages 106 Likes 0. On the other hand, smaller riders might appreciate the Honda’s slightly shorter 30.9-inch seat height compared to the Yamaha’s 31.7-inch seat height. i have heard the crf150 has a horrible starter and the ttr has an electric wich is a plus. Red Bull Straight Rhythm Is Back, And It’s All Two-Strokes, 2018 AMA Amateur National MX Qualifiers Set to Roll, 2018 King of the Motos: Webb Adds Fourth KotM Title, New Gear Alert: Klim Edge Off-Road Goggle, Moose Racing Releases Competition Waffle Grips, How to Choose a Dirt BIke: Three Basic Tips, How Dirt Bike Tire Sizes Work: Breaking Down Numbers, Bell Helmets’ FLEX Technology – Progressive Protection for your Melon, Vertex Pistons Video: Kits for Honda CRF450R, CRF450RX, Video: Justin Bogle Preparing for Supercross Return, Best Dirt Bike Boots for Enduro and Off-Road Riding. Bore and Stroke: 52.4mm x 57.9mm But the Yamaha also brings a little more value by virtue of the fact that it is a five-speed transmission compared to the Honda’s four-speed. Sep 16, 2009 #1. The CRF125F sports a nonadjustable 31mm leading axle front fork and tried-and-true version of Honda’s Pro-Link rising rate linkage rear suspension with a preload adjustable shock. I have a couple of years experience on a street bike. The flywheels are heavy on both engines, so they are slow to rev and harder to stall, making it great for someone learning how to use the clutch. The CRF150 has 11.8 peak horse power. The TT-R 125LE’s engine measures 124cc as well, but Yamaha went with a perfectly square 54.0mm x 54.0mm bore and stroke, and the TT-R125LE’s compression ratio is also one point higher than the CRF’s, 10.0:1. The CRF’s manual clutch and four-speed transmission are pretty much what we’ve come to expect from Honda in terms of performance, which is to say pretty much flawless. but i am looking for maximum power bucouse i love racing aroundand i do tons or trails. Copyright 2016-2017 © CRF's Only Forums. Suspension get the 150 i rode my friend ttr125 the suspension is alot weaker then 150 i my self have the 150 its awesome, I agreee with everyone else. Whether you are a first-time rider or an adult expert such as Garvin, both the CRF125F and the TTR-125L are sure to put a smile on your face. Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gallons North American 2021 KTM Off-Road Range Announced, Haulin’ Dirtbikes with GMC’s Sierra Denali CarbonPro, Michelin Joins 2021 Grand National Cross Country Racing Series as Featured Sponsor, CAKE Launches the Kalk AP Anti-Poaching Electric Bush Bike, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Announces 2021 Off-Road Team Line-Up, Moose Racing Announces PW 50 Handlebar Kit, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Results: Unadilla 2018, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Results: Washougal 2018, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Results: Millville 2018. Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke Both feature 220mm disc brakes with two-piston calipers up front, but the Yamaha has a slightly larger rear drum out back, measuring 110mm vs. 95mm for the Honda. Both of these machines are also EPA-legal and are fitted with US Forestry-approved spark arrestors, allowing them to be ridden on designated public land. They did have some bikes to ride on but they were usually old a… Before we start our Honda CRF125F vs. Yamaha TT-R125LE comparison, we just have to say that if you ever see a Honda or Yamaha representative at a motorcycle event, make sure to tell them to thank their respective company for building them. Hey man, great question that i would love to answer! We are dedicated to increasing and sharing information, expertise and product knowledge to increase the enjoyment of riding and owning Honda off-road dirt bikes. Valve Train: SOHC, two valve per cylinder 2008 crf150r vs 2005 crf230f, btw my bike is running great now We also offer a Gripper Top / Red Carbon Fiber Sides cover like stock. Front: 31mm telescopic for, nonadjustable; 5.9 inches of travel. Neither bike feels anything close to what we would consider as “heavy.”. We wanted a seasoned kid to swing a leg over these machines and tell us what he thought. Its clutch engagement is smooth and linear, with plenty of range in the friction zone, and shifting is effortless. Also if your thinking about racing a tt-r all the extra add on parts are so freaking expensive. I have a crf150 and i know for a fact that the crf150 is faster then a ttr125. The thing is, Lessing is on the small side for his age, a super-fast 10-year-old currently stuck in the body of an 8-year-old. Lessing and his Zip-Ty Racing teammates Dustyn Davis, Preston Boespflug, Brennen Watson, Reese Monte and Trysttun Alvarez not only finished the race, they wound up 31st overall.
What Is Uid Number In Uae Visa, Extend Idoc Structure, Wind Of Fjords 1 Hour, Black Card Revoked Expansion Pack, Masamoto Knife Review, Scientific Method Advantages And Disadvantages, Flame Skin Minecraft, Chipmunk Bucket Trap In Action, Scanpan Classic Fry Pan Set, How To Clean A M1 Carbine 30,