bafang 500w hub motor review

The 750W motor can be programmed as a 250W if you find 750W too much on a daily for example. We’ve already tested the new Bafang Ultra mid-motor on the brand-new Frey EX review. In this article you’ll find the most relevant information, exciting facts about the new mid-drive as well as a comprehensive test of Bafang’s powerhouse, Bafang Ultra, is also known as G510 & M620. The eMTB’s equipped with M620 always delivers enough power and unbeatable on steep uphill rides. The new Bafang Ultra 2020 is same size and weight as its predecessor. If your motor sprocket will be too far outward, it will be impossible to fit the belt. The Trek Soho (I have one) comes with an Alfine 8, and alignment would be WAY off. And it also felt like you had access to a higher percentage of the available power. As part of trail testing we took thermal readings of G510 Mid-Drive. Best Ebike Conversion Kit - The 3 best options in 2020. I can really recommend it, if you watch it, you can build it. Hey, I just wanted to add that the BBS02B revision of the controller has more reliable mosfets. Bafang Hub Motor Review - Better than the BBS02? From what I hear reliability should not be an issue anymore. All in all, it’s just a really well put together system. I would definitely go for the 48V 750W, this way you can always set the power lower if you don’t need it. US $132.82 / piece. We also hope to see new generation of controllers that have integrated bike immobilisers, Bluetooth phone integration for display-less control and provision for GPS tracking. . Bafang BBS01 250w Review – Best street legal conversion kit? In this review, I will give the answers to all these questions by giving an extensive review of the Bafang BBS02. Because it definitely should fit without a spacer. The enclosure is also waterproof and holds up well in the rain, but it’s ofcourse still best to avoid rain as much as possible. Read Bafang 350w Hub Motor reviews and Bafang 350w Hub Motor ratings – Buy Bafang 350w Hub Motor with confidence on AliExpress! Bafang introduced their first bike motor in 2003, in response to the emerging e-bike trend. It is great that the display mount has a full sized USB port built into the base, so you can maintain or charge portable electronics directly from the ebike battery. The throttle could be better however, since the controllability isn’t all that refined. The only aspect where it falls a bit behind is its controller reliability. Thanks you, best regards. HI. Your B … So therefore you will have a lot more flexibility then with a 250W. Reviews News Help Center FAQ ... BAFANG 48V 500W 8Fun BPM Brushless Front Geared Hub Motor. I am researching the possibility of converting a Trek Soho (belt drive) to electric and the Bafang mid drive looked promising – until I read your comment. Choosing the correct size chainring for your bike can be a bit tricky. Figuring out if the alignment will work just from pictures and dimensions can be really challenging as well. We ship all products within 1 business day. Which is strange, considering how integrated all other devices have became to date. I have two problems : the inner diameter of the crankshaft tube is 33.8mm ,so bigger than needed and I need a spacer (5mm ?) The video: You will just replace your current brake levers with these. A Bafang mid-drive motor kit will include the following components: You can see that with 4 components you have to make a choice: “How much power do I want?”, “Which display should I go for?”, “How big should my chainring be?” and “What kind of cut-off switches do I need?” The following 4 sections will guide you through these choices if you would decide to buy a BBS02 kit. The Bafang Ultra Max mid-drive has the biggest motor you can buy in a factory turn-key ebike right now. Bafang Ultra motor controller maxes out somewhere around 63V, above this voltage modifications to the circuitry are needed. The motor has the best in class pedal assist, is build nicely, offers a lot of power and torque, is really versatile, and can be installed relatively easily. And even after some long climbs at maximum assistance level (PAS) that consisted of about 2 minutes of continuous uphill, motor had enough thermal inertia and heat dissipation to absorb all waste heat and display minimal temperature rise. All different versions of the Bafang mid-drive motor kits include all the parts you will need to convert your bike into an electric bike. Warranty. Because I meant to say that the throttle is a nice thing to have, but that it is unfortunate that it isn’t really incremental. From 250W HUB motors to 1,500W mid drives, there is one for every application. Broken controllers luckily can be swapped out relatively easily, there are a lot of instruction videos available on how to do this. This sensor will cut-off power when the gear switching action takes place. The kit is includes a 48 volt 500 watt Bafang 8Fun motor and 48v 17 amp hour Hailong lithium ion battery.Top speed is 20+ MPH. Notify me via e-mail when a reply to my comment is made. Strong and efficient, this motor greatly enhances riding comfort and is suitable for touring bikes, commuter bikes, and mountain bikes. Despite its latest revision, Bafang still relies on exposed spoke magnets as speed sensors. If you are in doubt between two sizes, always go for the smaller option. If you are lucky, some bikes can make it work, but you will probably always have to do some clever spacing/adapter work. This will probably require lots of calculations with the dimensions from the bike and motor. Hence why I don’t recommend doing it in my article. Only certain parts of the motor can become a bit rusty when damaged or scratched, but nothing crazy. For the Rad ebikes or any ebikes with the compatible 3pin motor plug you can still use the stock controller/LCD. This isn’t that big of a problem, but it is something to consider. Almost 50% more range! I can recommend this guide. Buy the Bafang BBS02 kit @Aliexpress – Global shipping. I’m looking to buy this bafang motor but still researching around 36v 500w or the 48v 750w. The highlight of the Bafang Ultra is the newly redeveloped controller and improved torque sensor algoritm that measures the amount of pressure you put on the pedals. Because the Bafang motor is aftermarket, it will never have the same alignment as the original sprocket (the front motor sprocket will be more outwards or inwards than the original sprocket). $189.00. Some sellers even sell the Bafang BBS02 kits together with a battery in one package. I have a Merida Speeder 400 flat bar. While USB output is only 500mA  it will comfortably recharge devices over the time. If you have any questions, want to start a discussion, or need some support, please use the comment section below. If you’re interested in how Bafang M620 integrated in to Frey EX bike and it’s performance, please check our Frey EX review. You will have the best of both worlds, which will give you a really versatile bike. Idea to carry a charged one in my rucksack. Front hub motor. After few hours of general trail rides that consisted of downhill sections following by climbs back up to start point we been taking thermal images to monitor motor and battery temperature. So the 750W version simply just gives you more overhead and flexibility. This is the case because of the controller that’s inside, which can handle more power but is sometimes limited by software settings. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I feel bad that the controller will give me issues now that you have mentioned it. At last the much-anticipated Bafang Ultra review is here! The BBS02 motor really is a small little beast. While other motors are weak & expensive , the new M620 is powerful while still easy to modulate and delivers trill riding uphill as downhill. What I meant was that you can’t use the other type of cut off levers: the one that replace the entire lever. I will respond to you within 24 hours. It is always much appreciated! It is by far largest colour LCD display we tested to date. Bafang spare parts. It just will be less comfortable at high speeds. You could say that this is the only aspect where the BBS02 motor kits fall behind. This motor has 80 Newton meters of torque, which means the Greaser can quickly reach top speed and climb moderate hills with ease. If you go for such a kit, you will have everything you need for a DIY conversion. Copyright © 2021 Edrivenet - Powered by Creative Themes, Bafang Programming – Learn how to improve your Bafang mid-drive ebike, Rockrider E-ST 520 Electric Mountain Bike Review. I will try to answer them within 24 hours. With three offices, two in China and one in Netherlands, Bafang is the largest and most important motor manufacturer in the high power mid-drive, HUB drive and  DIY ebike segment. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for BAFANG 48V 500W Rear Hub Motor Kit Electric Bicycle Conversion Kit for Bikes 26" Wheel (500C Display, 48V 12Ah Shark Battery and Charger) at Amazon.com. The chainline also should be good out of the box if you use a 44T or smaller chainring. 【Stable Drive System】 This Bafang front drive motor, which is compatible with the disc brake, has a rated power of 500W, providing ideal power for vehicles. So yes, if you would like to get more range, I can definitely recommend a 17.5 ah 48V battery. How do you get the motor to deliver 160 Nm of torque? If you are not sure if your bottom bracket is removable, ask your local bike shop, they can tell you just by looking at it. Bafang Ultra have internal temperature sensor that cut power when motor winding reach thermal limits, there is no way we could reach that level on non-modified drive on usual trails and general cross mountain rides. All connections are nicely waterproofed as well. Bafang is established company with many drives on offer. Such a kit is really reliable and doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. I however think that for a drop-bar bike, the mid-drive motor is the better option. This can be very convenient when you want to be the first off the line at a traffic light for example. I bought a Rockrider 520 ST and a BBS 02 kit after I saw your video. The Bafang Ultra delivers an effortless ride. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Want to buy a back up carry battery to increase my range. You can alter settings like: maximum power, PAS behavior, throttle behavior and more. The P850C, DPC18 and 860C displays have a built-in USB port from which you can charge your phone for example. It can output a lot of power and will get you up to speed really quickly. From 250W HUB motors to 1,500W mid drives, there is one for every application. The Bafang Ultra was designed with heavy load in mind. The new electronics are more reliable, especially if tuned and smooth and easy to control comparing to old school throttle only models. This version has a beefer controller and can, therefore, handle more power. Customer Service; Disputes & Reports; Report IPR infringement; Save big on our app! This is on a regular trekking frame with 68mm BB. Great review, I’m pleased i read it and grateful to you for your detailed review. While technologically company is not as advanced as say Bosch, they are building budget focused alternative that is well received by enthusiasts. If you have a bigger chainring, your chainline will be bad, so make sure that you use the 44T or less. All you are expecting from ebike and even more. Worldwide Free Shipping Use code EUNORAU to get an exciting discount All Motors with 1 speed magnet integrated Bafang 48V750W rear hub screw freewheel motor with disc brake for fat bike Brand Name EUNORAU Voltage 48V Design Brushless Wattage 750W Motor Type Brushless Gear Hub Motor SKU 8FUN-FAT-48-750W Type R Hello, i’m french so excuse my poor english. After all, the size and design of the motor heavily influence bike designs and geometry concepts especially in 1500W mid-drive segment. The battery with key. The latest Bafang Ultra does have a bit of a noise problem – not the typical noise of the motor humming under full load, but the coarse-toothed buzz and freewheel that produces a metallic sound when it engages. At the moment, there is only one aftermarket solution known as Eggrider V2 that offer wireless connectivity and flexible tuning terminal with minimalist display. A lot of bikes will have alignment issues though. We tested Bafang Ultra in most extreme conditions, it delivered every single time. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for BAFANG 48V 500W Front Hub Motor Electric Bike Conversion Kit for 700C Wheel Bike with LCD Display 500C at Amazon.com. All displays have the exact same functionality, the only exception being the USB port for charging. Unfortunately, reliability is not where the Bafang BBS02 shines. E-Mountainbikes are not just for sport. Thanks for the reply. In terms of performance, the Bafang Ultra plays in the top league of eMTB motors. You will find that you will mostly use the throttle in such a way: to give you that initial push when you want to accelerate from a standstill position. But the figure usually given for this motor is 80 nm. Those spacers will bring the motor a little bit outwards so that the chainring will clear the frame. You will also find ability to set dedicated lock PIN, but it do not immobilise the bike, just lock display. Unlike many of their competitors, Bafang provide companies direct access to individual parts or complete systems, making  building of e-bikes very flexible. A mid-drive motor, in general, is positioned in a nice way on the bike. I find this control excellent for moving off particularly at pedestrian control lights ,negotiating barriers when power is a hazard at parks where one can be thrust into barriers ‘also a good aid to keeping up wright in slow tight traverse, It still is an absolutely awesome piece of kit! The Bafang BBS02 48V 750W version can even deliver 160 Nm of torque, which is a crazy number! A hub motor will affect the sporty characteristics of a drop-bar bike more. Bafang Ultra / M620 kit supplied with 48V battery. In my experience, 1 out of every 6 controllers would fail on average. Fortunately, a lot of sellers ship out replacement controllers for free if you are still in the warranty period (1 or 2 years). But if you use it together with the pedal assist, it’s an absolutely awesome and fun feature to have! Do you have chain Line problem ? B} You probably won’t be able to mount the display control buttons in an argonomic way. Visit the contact page for more extensive contact information. The controller can indeed give issues, but a lot of people will never have problems. So that won’t be the best match. BAFANG 36V/48V Ebike Motor Mid Drive BBS/BBSHD Motor Front and Rear Wheel Hub Motor Electric Bike Engine 250W 350W 500W 750W 1000W 3.3 out of 5 stars 7 $478.00 $ 478 . You can use a low gear for climbing and a high gear for high top speeds. Great review, I’m pleased i read it and grateful to you for your detailed review. As there a choice of several displays, smaller models are the only reasonable option for sporty eMTBs. You can also experience problems with your drivetrain, this however can’t be blamed on Bafang. Bafang uses electronics contract manufacturer in China for PCB assembly, they been installing 63V capacitors on the PCB. The diameter of the motor should be the same as the bottom bracket hole. The power levels that are indicated, however, aren’t completely accurate. Some bikes (mostly expensive bikes) feature pressed bottom brackets, which can not (easily) be removed. You can’t “tune up” a 250W, so you will have a power limit. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You can increase the power even more by going with a 52V battery. If you order too big of a chainring you can have clearance issues. You are absolutely right, the throttle can can be really convenient in certain cases. I’m actually interested in the mid-drive kit for exactly the reasons you highlight. I am going to rephrase my sentence. For convenience it offer USB connector for charging your smartphone or light. So most of the time you can do a replacement for free. a great help in kicking in the power before turning the pedals. The fact that you can still use your gears makes it even more versatile. I could have explained this better. Sellers on Aliexpress often replace the brake lever cut-off switches for hydraulic cut-off switches for free if you ask them. A 17.5Ah battery would definitely provide more range. The Bafang Front Hub Motor Kit is a high-performing, lightweight, quiet, fast, … and you are saying it can give 160 nm?! I will show the maximum power each motor version can output, assuming that it’s maximized in the software. Have you received the bike and motor already? The color readouts could be distracting and the screen is very  reflective in sun. Top 5 Positive Customer Reviews for bafang brushless motor great motor, great fun driving my "new" E-Bike. Large and heavy is the price to pay for 160Nm of torque, overbuild and tuning enabled design, all at the tight budget price. Is it possible to either have a Bafung with a ring suitable for a belt or to fit my existing belt ring onto a Bafung drive? However, original PCB and circuit was designed for 100V capacitors, this means system build with 70V batteries in mind. But to answer your question: No I don’t have chainline issues with the 44T chainring. The Bafang BBS02 offers amazing value for money and you will be amazed by its performance. The built-in controllers tend to fail more often than you would expect. Thank you for sharing your experience! The B-twin bike I use a lot is the Rockrider 520. The smaller the chainring, the less chance of clearance issues. This system works really well and I would say that its the best cadence based pedal assist on any conversion kit. The pedal assist uses a cadence sensor to determine how much power to assist with. Tongsheng TSDZ2 Review – Should you buy it? Belts simply just don’t allow the sprockets to be out of alignment. It’s worth to note that Bafang fixed Real Time Clock issue that caused time loss when battery is disconnected.Some details: Good: Large and easy to read, centrally mounted on Frey ebikes. Bafang, one of the leading manufacturers of e-mobility components and complete e-drive systems, has been developing components and complete systems for electric vehicles since 2003. The Bafang BBS02 mid-drive conversion kit really is a great conversion kit. You indicate that the mid drive kit cannot be fitted to a belt drive bike. The battery, inserted backward, but you get the idea. Would a 48v 17.5 battery give me much more range? Reliable high-torque middrive motor Bafang 500W, long lasting lithium ion battery Samsung 48V and high level comfort. You will now look at how many teeth the biggest chainring has. Only a handful of people have successfully pulled it of (not a lot of pictures can be found with BBSxx motors installed on belt drive bikes). I have a video in which I explain how to convert this bike with the BBS02 with that exact bike. i have fitted a 750 mid drive motor on a road bike and I note your comment regarding possibly not fitting the accelerator hand control. This is usually reserved for some extreme applications where aftermarket controllers are used to push motor beyond 2kw mark. The other requirements that your bike has to meet are pretty obvious like: There are lots of really detailed installation guides that can help you install this Bafang BBS02 kit. I think you will be better of with a 750W motor, this way you can always tune it down if you find it too powerful. Fully stocked and ready to ship Bafang motors, Bafang accessories and ebike batteries. Therefore a lot of people opt to convert a bike with suspension. Generally, it doesn’t really matter which display you choose. Does it not fit right now? The Bafang BBS02 mid-drive motor really provides a stunning ride. The motor is swap-able to the Sondors 350w & 500w Bafang hub motor case and requires no re-lacing of the wheel. If you have any questions, please leave them in this comment section. You will be amazed by how excellent this conversion kit rides. The difference between the displays is mostly esthetic, you just choose the one you think looks nice and displays the information clearly. The metal housing is painted nicely and doesn’t suffer much from rust over time. If you know how many teeth your current biggest chainring has, you will now go for the chainring option closest to that number. A mid-drive motor will keep the balance of the bike in check. Over the last 10 years, Bafang have lost some key people in the company, some of which started own motor manufacturing business. In 2014 they sold over 800,000 motors and 200,000 complete systems with batteries. A lot of bikes will have these alignment issues. Thanks for sharing! The EUNORAU hub motors is more strong than other motors.the motors from EUNORAU providing ideal power for vehicles, if you don’t have controller sets,battery, you can buy from EUNORAU shop. It is indeed possible to use the magnetic cut off switches. The motor also runs really smooth and quiet, which makes it feel like a more expensive motor than it actually is. The color displey makes interpreting different menus quick and intuitive. The price difference between the 250W and 750W also isn’t that high. So in short: It’s not impossible to have a belt driven BBSxx system. But if you ever want more power, you have it available as well. Thanks for the thorough review. Be aware that the notification email could end up in your spam folder. There are dedicated communities that share experience and followers that used Bafang motors for may years. I read your statements on attaching a Befang motor to a road bike where you indicated it was not possible to have a motor cut out attached to the brake handle of a road bike. This is enough torque to get you up any hill. If you want the best reliability and low maintenance, you should go for a Bafang hub motor conversion kit. If you want to install the hub motor kit, you should check the dropout width and the type of dropout system. Stable Drive System. Tongsheng TSDZ2 Review - Should you buy it? Fortunately, the open system allow for custom options and bike manufacturers are given the freedom to implement their own solutions. The Bafang BBS02 mid-drive kits can be installed on bikes with 33.5 mm diameter bottom brackets with a width between 68 and 73 mm. While quality and functionality have always been high on Bafang’s list of priorities, the issues of integration and customisation have created the biggest challenges for most bike manufacturers. Your B Twin MTB may i ask which model it is. While it will deliver full torque of 160Nm across the RPM range, it is known to limit top speed of a bike as charge of the battery fall below 60%. If your bike has a bottom bracket of this type, this kit can’t be installed on it. And, enventually, the line of the chain is not good… Alibaba Group I, however, do not recommend doing this, because the controllers are not designed for 52V batteries. Fortunately, there are ways to adapt the motor characteristics to a specific bike concept. This isn’t a big problem, but something to consider as well. Controller. I can recommend this installation video, which also mentions which tools you will likely need. Your bike does have to have a removable bottom bracket, this means that the bottom bracket can be unscrewed. I have a bafang 750w mid drive and very pleased, I have a 48v 12ah battery which last about 30 miles. The Michael Blast - Outsider fat tire electric bike has a Bafang hub motor that can crank out a continuous 750 watts of power with the ability to ratchet things up to around 1,000 peak watts of power for hill climbs and quicker acceleration. Promotion, Low Price, Great Value, Reviews, Blog, Seller Portal, BLACK FRIDAY, AliExpress Assistant. The new Bafang Ultra is a refreshed version of its outdated predecessor Ultra from 2018, with an entirely new controller and steel gear. I recently attached a center bracket 750 motor to my second road bike with drop bars and was able to use the existing hand brake cable as a guide for the attachment of the cut out cable ( the one now not being used for double chain ring changer) . Tongsheng TSDZ2 vs Bafang BBS02 – Which one is for you? You also have to make sure that the IGH that is coupled to the belt, can handle the (sometimes) great amount of power of the BBSxx motor. Ofcourse there can be a little difference in size, but generally speaking the tollarance is really small. The Bafang Ultra operated at temperatures 20c above ambient, no matter how hard we push it on the trail. Help. I think these controller problems shouldn’t prevent you from buying this awesome piece of kit, but it’s definitely something to consider. It’s just an absolutely great piece of kit! The H800 gear-drive rear hub motor, with 350 or 500 W output and a max torque of 55 Nm, features a modern MTB thru-axle design with Boost standard, something which Bafang has created a unique dropout design to accommodate. So if your biggest chainring is a 42T, you will go for the 44T. While they’re more maintenance, to me it’s worth is since they’re lighter and don’t fundamentally change the experience of cycling to nearly the degree mid-drives do. In this Bafang ultra review we also look at the new DPC-18 that is centrally located on the cockpit and measures 98mm x 63mm x 69mm. As you can see, the actual maximum power of the motors is much higher than specified. There are dedicated communities that share experience and followers that used Bafang motors for may years. So which options should you go for? Unfortunately, it’s loud, there is some freewheel/clutch play that affects the ride experience. I have made over 10 of such bikes, it fitted perfectly all the time, no spacers needed. While the size and shape still offer bike manufacturers lots of freedom for frame and suspension designs, its very high torque output creates new challenges in terms of drivetrain selection and reliability, at least on designs without a careful consideration. It is labeled as a 1,000W drive, but…it is capable of MUCH more. Battery percentage much more useful over bar-graph. The latest incarnation of the motor does pretty much everything better than its predecessors. I’m trying to decide between a mid-drive e-bike or using a Bafang kit to convert a conventional bike. BAFANG Rear Wheel 500W 48V Hub Motor Electric Bike Conversion Kit for Kinds of Bicycle 20″ 26″ 27.5″ 700C Rear Wheel 【Easy to Convert】 DIY rear wheel ebike conversion kit for bicycle with rear drop out size “128-148mm” flywheel is ≦9 Speeds. If you have cable brakes, go for the brake levers with built-in cut-off switches. Mid-drive motors are more efficient and produce more torque (rotational force) but they can cause premature wear … Buyer Protection. So Bafang really has some work to do on their controllers’ reliability. But I think it shouldn’t keep you away from buying it. took me some time as I had to do some modifications, I have a pinion p1.18 gearbox and had to find another place for the PAS sensor and magnets - just for anyone else with this problem: just put the magnet ring on the sprocket - you need to cut the magnet ring to size but thats a quick job. Bafang BBSHD Review – The one to rule them all? All steel gearing now more robust. You will also need an chainring adapter, since the Bafang mid drives can’t be fitted with a belt sprocket out of the box. Strong and efficient, this motor greatly enhances riding comfort and is suitable for touring bikes, commuter bikes and mountain bikes. If you have hydraulic brakes however, then you will need to go for the hydraulic cut-off switches. Road bikes have different kind of levers, so the only option is to go for magnetic. We are yet to see any serious competitors arising but welcome new comers. Would such a bike be suitable for the 250w or 750w mid drive as I notice bikes with suspension seem to be the most common ones modified. This is just a property of the motor. Without the Asian market leader Bafang with it’s huge sales that drive the cost down, ebiking wouldn’t be as cheap as it is today. Do you use spacer ? If you however do want to change some settings, please following a detailed guide. The Bafang 500W Front Hub Kit comes with all of the necessary parts to convert just about any bike (must have an Open-Slotted Front Fork) to transform your bike into a high-powered electric bike! Other manufacturers are already moved on to more elegant integrated sensors.Powerful, big, heavy and reliable mid drive motor. Complete Bafang 500W Front Hub Motor and Battery This is the newest, most powerful Bafang Front Hub 500 watt ebike motor kit for converting your bike into a high power electric bike. So definitely worth it to by the 750W in my opinion. https://youtu.be/lxSx33Ps_RQ. Bafang BBS parts Bafang front/rear motor parts Ultra M620 G510 parts Bafang M400 MM G330 mid motor parts. ... Bafang BBS02B kit 500W/750W and 48V Hailong downtube battery(HL-2 casing) with 5V … So if you want to have a belt driven BBSxx system, you will need to make sure that your alligment will work.
Bavarian Inn Perks Club Membership, Minecraft Tame Spider, Scientific Method Advantages And Disadvantages, Thelma Carpenter Cosby Show, Evinrude Serial Numbers, Mad Lib Template, Botox Masseter Crooked Smile, Bottom Line Corp Spiritfarer, Ar-10 Barrel Vise Block, Ikea Expedit Desk For Sale, Economics Macroeconomics Quizlet,