The mission of the Faculty of Finance and Banking
Given that the financial market is constantly the subject of changes and increasingly more countless pressures, the academic training in this field has to prove the same dynamics, in order to make sure that our graduates will successfully face the challenges imposed on by the practical activity. Public finance, banking, capital markets and insurance fields claim specialists with a thorough knowledge and understanding, which can be provided by graduating the Bachelor’s program of the Faculty of Finance and Banking. Our strong belief is that our graduates will successfully integrate in the labor market and will adapt to the ongoing developments of the financial and economic environment.
By aligning to the strategy and main objectives of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies, the Faculty of Finance and Banking aims to create, develop and disseminate valuable knowledge that will lead to increasing national and international recognition.
The Bachelor’s program of the Faculty of Finance and Banking is organized distinctly, in order to provide the same curriculum with Romanian and respectively English teaching. It is concerned to provide excellent standards for teaching, so that future economists with a Finance and Banking specialization will benefit, at the end of the three years study, from a fast integration into the economic life (nationally or abroad) and would ensure a good opportunity for further academic studies through the other two programs (master’s and PhD).
The curriculum of the Faculty of Finance and Banking and the syllabus of each discipline are continuously updated, for a better transposition of the theoretical, qualitative and quantitative issues into the practical reality. The main goal is that, at the end of the undergraduate program, the graduates will be able to meet the requirements of economic and financial environment through the acquired skills.
The targets followed
- promoting complex systems and mechanisms to ensure the quality of education, in order to meet both the requirements and expectations of the university and of our partners (students, employers, faculty’s partners);
- upgrading the teaching methods, to become comparable with European and international trends, by correlating teaching activities with skills development and not just to the knowledge transmission;
- enhance the students’ scientific activity, by involving them in research projects within the two departments of the faculty (Finance; Money and Banking) and by encouraging their participation at the students’ scientific sessions;
- the active involvement of all faculty’s partners in the provision of internships, workshops, conferences or guest speaking lectures that allow future graduates to acquire appropriate skills for increasing their employability;
- developing the students’ skills through extra-curricular activities organized by the Faculty of Finance and Banking in partnership with the business environment representatives.
The adoption of the Bologna Convention brought changes in the curriculum of the Faculty of Finance and Banking to ensure preparation for the future financiers in the broad field of public finance, corporate finance, insurance, credit institutions and capital markets. Our bachelor’s program provides the specialization FINANCE AND BANKING.
The academic qualifications’ descriptors obtained when completing the Bachelor’s degree program at the Faculty of Finance and Banking, Program of study “Finance”, comprise:
- knowledge and understanding of concepts, basic theories and methods applicable in the finance and banking area of specialization, as well as their appropriate use in professional communication;
- using basic finance and banking knowledge for explanation and interpretation of various types of concepts, situations, processes, projects, etc.;
- applying basic principles and qualitative or quantitative methods for solving previously-defined problems / situations;
- appropriate use of standard assessment criteria and methods to assess the quality, strengths and limitations of processes, projects, methods and theories;
- development of professional projects using principles and methods specific for the financial sector;
- responsible execution of professional duties, under limited autonomy and qualified support;
- familiarity with specific roles and activities of teamwork and distributing tasks to subordinated levels;
- awareness of the need for training; efficient use of resources and learning techniques for personal and professional development.
"I have the chance to talk with teachers who are working directly in my areas of interest, and who are taking into consideration the students' opinions. I do not study abroad, but the Faculty of Finance and Banking offers a similar experience as we debate current global issues using international references. We are given the chance to participate in conferences with key players in the economic environment. I can say that if you are interested in economics and specialization in finance and banking than this faculty is your best choice in Romania."
"My name is Bianca Dumitru and I’m student at the Faculty of Finance and Banking, Master program Taxation. I chose this school because I believe that it is the best in the field of banking and finance, but also because it can provide you many employment opportunities after graduation. During the study I met well trained professors that always were ready to help us, I have acquired theoretical knowledge and most importantly, I had the opportunity to move from theory to practice based on many educational partnerships that faculty has with institutions and companies. If I go back in time, surely all so this faculty would be my first choice."
"I chose this faculty because I was passionate about economics in high school and I can say that my expectations were not disappointed. I had the opportunity to learn new things both interesting and practical, from teachers with direct experience in finance. I believe that English language teaching will give me additional knowledge and an advantage in choosing a future job."